Born 1949. Married to Marcia (Felker) Sarnowski for forty-four years. Raised three sons, David, Daniel, and Jacob who all attended Onalaska schools and enjoyed life here in God’s Country.
B. A. 1970 from Saint Mary’s College, Winona Minnesota
Theologian – Newman Center, La Crosse, Wisconsin 1970-1972
Sales Manager/Buyer – Western Distributing, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 1972-1974
Property Manager – Raymond Development Company, Onalaska, Wisconsin 1974-1984 – Managed 350 residential rental units.
Project Manager for the Center 90 expansion, Center 90 Professional Building, Skemp/Mayo Clinic and Gas Station Retail area.
Owner – Great River Systems/MicroAge, La Crosse/Onalaska/Minneapolis, 1983-1991- Designed the “Learning Center” concept for systems integrators. Taught courses in Computer Aided-Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing for IBM, Sun and sessions for the IEEE.
Product Manager – Indus MIS, West Salem, Wisconsin 1991-1993 – Designed Imaging Software.
Owner – Sarney Systems, Onalaska, Wisconsin 1979-Present – Systems Analyst and software artist writing software for Pork Production, Kiln Inventory Systems, Precision ART, Coop Milk Disbursements, Gasoline Wholesaling, and Title Insurance Systems.
Non-Profit and Consulting Work
- First President and co-founder La Crosse Personal Computer User Group
- First President and co-founder La Crosse Area Communication Consortium
- Former Treasurer / Vice President ClearWater Farm Foundation
- Director The ResCarta Foundation, Inc.
- Consultant to Fast Cad, Phoenix, Arizona
- Consultant to The Trane Company, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Consultant to Hawkins Ash Baptie Certified Accountants, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Consultant to MicroAge Computer Stores, Tempe, Arizona
- Formerly Licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Wisconsin
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) “CAD/CAM” conference Chicago, Illinois
- IBM “Computer Integrated Manufacturing” Minneapolis, Minnesota
- SUN Microsystems “Intelligent Documentation” Madison, Wisconsin
- Hewlett-Packard “Office Document Systems” New York, New York
- American Library Association “ResCarta” San Diego, California
- Internet Librarian “Why Digital will fail and what we can do about it.” Monterey, California
- Wisconsin Library Association “Imaging A-Z” La Crosse, Wisconsin
- OCLC “Digital Archiving” Madison, Wisconsin
- University of Minnesota “Creating E-Books:Resources and Issues Involved with Scanning/OCR”
- American Library Association “ResCarta”
- WEMA ‘Hands on XML: A “Tour”of Extensible Markup Language’
- Presenter of Continuing Education Courses
Texas Library Association “MAKING A DIGITAL COLLECTION: A COOKBOOK”
- Maine Library Association “Making the Digital Garden Grow”
- Special Libraries Association “Digitization—Open-Source Software for Integrating Digital Collections”
- Archiving 2015 The Getty “Workshop: Digital Archiving”
- 2nd District Alderperson – City of Onalaska 2001-2003
- Administrative committee – City of Onalaska 2001-2003
- Library Commission, Chair – City of Onalaska 2001-2003
- Technology Advisory Commission – City of Onalaska 2001-2003
- Judiciary Committee – City of Onalaska 2001-2003
- Plan Commission, Chair – City of Onalaska 2001-2003