Theologian – Newman Center, La Crosse, Wisconsin 1970-1972
Sales Manager/Buyer – Western Distributing, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 1972-1974
Property Manager – Raymond Development Company, Onalaska, Wisconsin 1974-1984 – Managed 350 residential rental units.
Project Manager for the Center 90 expansion, Center 90 Professional Building, Skemp/Mayo Clinic and Gas Station Retail area.
Owner – Great River Systems/MicroAge, La Crosse/Onalaska/Minneapolis, 1983-1991- Designed the “Learning Center” concept for systems integrators. Taught courses in Computer Aided-Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing for IBM, Sun and sessions for the IEEE.
Product Manager – Indus MIS, West Salem, Wisconsin 1991-1993 – Designed Imaging Software.
Owner – Sarney Systems, Onalaska, Wisconsin 1979-Present – Systems Analyst and software artist writing software for Pork Production, Kiln Inventory Systems, Precision ART, Coop Milk Disbursements, Gasoline Wholesaling, and Title Insurance Systems.
Non-Profit and Consulting Work
- First President and co-founder La Crosse Personal Computer User Group
- First President and co-founder La Crosse Area Communication Consortium
- Former Treasurer / Vice President ClearWater Farm Foundation
- Director The ResCarta Foundation, Inc.
- Consultant to Fast Cad, Phoenix, Arizona
- Consultant to The Trane Company, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Consultant to Hawkins Ash Baptie Certified Accountants, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Consultant to MicroAge Computer Stores, Tempe, Arizona
- Formerly Licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Wisconsin
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) “CAD/CAM” conference Chicago, Illinois
- IBM “Computer Integrated Manufacturing” Minneapolis, Minnesota
- SUN Microsystems “Intelligent Documentation” Madison, Wisconsin
- Hewlett-Packard “Office Document Systems” New York, New York
- American Library Association “ResCarta” San Diego, California
- Internet Librarian “Why Digital will fail and what we can do about it.” Monterey, California
- Wisconsin Library Association “Imaging A-Z” La Crosse, Wisconsin
- OCLC “Digital Archiving” Madison, Wisconsin
- University of Minnesota “Creating E-Books:Resources and Issues Involved with Scanning/OCR”
- American Library Association “ResCarta”
- WEMA ‘Hands on XML: A “Tour”of Extensible Markup Language’
- Presenter of Continuing Education Courses
Texas Library Association “MAKING A DIGITAL COLLECTION: A COOKBOOK”
- Maine Library Association “Making the Digital Garden Grow”
- Special Libraries Association “Digitization—Open-Source Software for Integrating Digital Collections”
- Archiving 2015 The Getty “Workshop: Digital Archiving”
- 2nd District Alderperson – City of Onalaska
- Administrative committee
- Library Commission, Chair
- Technology Advisory Commission
- Judiciary Committee
- Plan Commission, Chair